One For All
Working with Kipp Flores is almost as rewarding as working for Kipp Flores. It’s why we’ve attracted some of the best talent in the United States and consistently bring our clients the top level of service and expertise available.
Simply put, we’re a team of more than 32 professionals who work together, play together, and, most importantly, focus on providing quality architectural services together.
Who We Are
- Partners with more than sixty years of combined design experience
- Licensed architects
- Intern architects
- Associate designers
- Project Manager with an emphasis on quality control
- CAD drafters in Construction Documents
- CAD drafters for Existing Plan Revision and Support
- Site plan drafters
- Graphic artists
- Marketing and administrative staff who provide genuine customer service
Cary Kipp co-founded Kipp Flores Architects in 1987. Cary Kipp is a graduate of the University of Texas School of Architecture. He began his career at a large national builder where he was Vice President of Architecture and was responsible for the design of 4,000-5,000 single family and multi-family units a year. It was there he combined his knowledge from The University of Texas at Austin with the training from a builder’s perspective to begin his own architecture firm concentrating on residential homebuilders. Throughout his career, Cary Kipp has been called upon to deliver single family homes and multi-family units that appeal to a broad market while building efficiently and costing-out effectively. Cary is a Licensed Architect in Texas as well as a Licensed Interior Designer in Texas. Cary is a member of AIA (The American Institute of Architects), NAHB (National Association of Homebuilders), TAB (Texas Association of Builders), and the Dallas Builder’s Association.
Sabas Flores co-founded Kipp Flores Architects in 1987. Sabas Flores, A.I.A., is a graduate of the University of Texas School of Architecture. He began his career at a large national builder where he managed the designs and projects of 4,000-5,000 single family and multi-family units a year. It was there he combined his knowledge from The University of Texas at Austin with the training from a builder’s perspective to begin his own architectural firm concentrating on residential homebuilders. Throughout his career, Sabas Flores has been called upon to deliver single family homes and multi-family units that appeal to a broad market while building efficiently and costing-out effectively. Sabas has also been involved in several projects helping out the Austin community. He designed the site and cottages for the current Austin Children’s Shelter, designed the new home for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas, and designed the new dental offices for Austin’s Manos de Cristo. Sabas is a Licensed Architect in Texas, Arkansas, Florida, and Missouri and is also a Licensed Interior Designer in Texas. Sabas is a member of AIA (American Institute of Architects), NCARB (National Council of Architectural Registration Board), NAHB (National Association of Home Builders), TAB (Texas Association of Builders), Home Builder’s Association of Greater Austin, and Home Builder’s Association of Greater San Antonio. He has served on the Austin McMansion Task Force and Mueller Task Force, and has served as a Board Member for the Mueller NCC (New Construction Council).
Lisa Bales is the Operations Manager at Kipp Flores Architects. She oversees the Finance, Operations, and Human Resource responsibilities for the organization and supervises the Admin Team. Lisa worked at Insperity and ADP for 12 years doing Business & HR Consulting for small and medium-sized businesses. She also served in an Executive role at HireBetter, a start-up recruiting firm here in Austin. Lisa holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business from the University of North Dakota and holds a PHR (Professional in Human Resources) certification as well as a SHRM-CP certification.
From an early age, Vincent had a love of architecture and started drafting in high school. After graduation, he attended the University of Texas School of Architecture while working for a small local homebuilder who specialized in single family residential houses in the Lakeway and Dripping Springs areas of Central Texas. After more than 5 years of working in the field, Vincent decided he wanted to get back to drafting full time. He joined Kipp Flores Architects in June of 2002 and has been here ever since. Starting as a CAD Drafter, he worked up through the ranks, helping to develop a more cohesive new hire training program, becoming Project Supervisor for one of our larger clients, and eventually being promoted to Production Manager, where he now oversees and directs our team of 11 drafters in the production of construction documents for all new plans.
Waunita Davis is the Project Manager at Kipp Flores Architects. She graduated from University of Texas in Austin with a Bachelor’s in Interior Design. She started at Kipp Flores a few months after graduating and recently celebrated her 25th anniversary with the company. Waunita started as a member of the office staff and later moved to overseeing the Plot Plan Department. She was later promoted to managing the Changes Department and for a few years, she managed the Production Team in addition to the Changes Team. She currently supervises the Changes & Plots Departments and is responsible for scheduling and managing all projects.
Business Development Manager
Alissa Dyal is the Business Development Manager, defining and coordinating product development with our clients. This could be in the form of a speculative home for a particular lot or a product line for an entire subdivision. Her love of architecture has led to a nickname as our ‘walking plan library’. She uses this extensive knowledge of design to forecast trends in the market and hone in on highest and best use for each of our clients. Alissa holds a Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies, a minor in Architecture, and a Business Foundations certification from The University of Texas at Austin. She also has a Green by Design workshop certification through City of Austin Energy and is currently pursuing a LEED Associate Professional Accreditation.
Key Team Members
Architect / Prod. Drafter Licensed Architect (TX)
Architect / Prod. Drafter LEED GA Licensed Architect (TX)
Architect / Designer LEED AP BD & C Licensed Architect (TX, AZ)
© Holly Reed Photography
Please view our current job opportunities listed below. We are always on the lookout for great talent – check back for updates or drop us a line about why you are a great fit for our team.
Kipp Flores Architects is currently seeking an entry-level Marketing Assistant to join our team in Austin, TX. This is a full-time/regular position.
The Marketing Assistant we hire will be working in our Sales & Marketing Department performing the following duties:
- Updating online Plan Books that are used to show prospective clients various existing plan options.
- Assisting Marketing Manager with administrative duties such as creating proposals, market/community research, gathering and analyzing data, preparing reports, performing clerical functions, etc.
- Creating and maintaining an inventory of project artwork and photography.
- Bid set tracking and printing from AutoCAD files.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD is desired as this may eventually lead to doing small stock plan conversions.
- Updating plan inventory database with project specs such as total square footage, total room count, additional options, etc.
- This position will be heavily administrative in nature at the beginning, but may evolve into having some additional inside sales duties.\
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Marketing is required.
- Applicants with experience working in an architecture or home-building environment will be strongly considered.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and MS Publisher (or other publishing software), is required. Basic AutoCAD knowledge is desired, although not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and customer service skills are a must!
- The ideal candidate is organized, attentive to details, and has the ability to thrive in a heavy-data environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive benefit package is available after completion of a 60 day waiting period.
- A modified work week schedule is available after successfully completing 90 days with the Company.
If interested, please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.